As a digital entrepreneur, you’re always looking for ways to grow your business. PLR content can be a great way to do that. But is it really worth your time to download free PLR?
It depends on what you are looking for in the PLR content. This article will give you the good, the bad and the most important reasons of getting FREE PLR downloads.
Let’s get started.
(Disclaimer- This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our full disclaimers here.)
FREE PLR Downloads: Are they really worth your time?
The answer is it depends.
I know.. that is not what you expect from this article.
But to tell you the truth, it really depends on what you’re looking for in the content.
E.g. if you’re completely new to PLR, it can be intimidating to trust a new content creator. I know because I was there at one point too.
You’re worried about duplicate content, the Google Ranking, the SEO, and of course the copyright issues.
So, as a new person to PLR concept, if you want to test the waters, then sure, go ahead and download some free PLR. It will not hurt you, if you learn how to use it.
Related Content- How to use PLR effectively and avoid common mistakes.
To be upfront on my outlook on FREE PLR, I would say that if you’re serious about growing your business, then investing in high quality PLR is a much better option.
What you need to know about FREE PLR downloads
If you google PLR, you will get 6,800,000 results. There is even a website with FREE downloads as their domain name.
This gets even more interesting when you add FREE in front of PLR Planners, PLR ebooks, PLR Journals, PLR Articles etc.
The point is there is no dearth of FREE PLR downloads on internet.
Everyone, including yours truly, has a FREE PLR sample for you.
Did you get it yet?
PLR samples are a great way for you to test them out.
Giving a free sample is also a great way for PLR creators to showcase their design and value to you.
Afterall, it is out first impression on you.
And we want it to be the best!
But please know that not FREE PLR content is made with high-quality in mind. You can try it out yourself by doing one google search.
In general, free PLR downloads especially the written PLR are only a sample of the premium PLR content. The content is usually shorter.
However, good creators will give you a full sample of their PLR product for testing.
In fact, very good quality PLR products are used by successful bloggers and coaches like these who have been using PLR to grow their businesses. Want to learn how to use different PLR content to reduce the overwhelm and avoid entrepreneur burnout? Join the Jumpstart your Mojo Giveaway here.
Second, free PLR downloads often come with strings attached. For example, you might be required to sign up for a mailing list or give away your email address in order to download the content.
Nothing wrong with that either. After all, you get something in return for sharing your email address.
With FREE PLR, you may not always get updated content.
Second, even if the quality is good, there’s only so much you can get for free.
PLR content creators need to make a living too.
They can’t continue to give away their best content for free and expect to stay in business.
Premium PLR Content Features
Premium content is usually more comprehensive, well researched and better quality.
PLR sites that sell content typically offer a wide range of topics so you can find what you’re looking for on just about any niche.
It’s an investment that will pay off in the long run.
Think about it this way…would you rather have a handful of low quality articles or a comprehensive guide that covers everything you need to know on a topic?
I know which one I would choose.
Paid PLR courses are also a great way to learn new skills.
You can get PLR on just about any topic, from social media marketing to email marketing to SEO.
I have invested in great quality PLR courses myself to learn the skill and use it in my blogs. With these courses, you can learn, apply the skill and also make money by repurposing them into the courses for your clients.
That is a trifecta WIN-WIN-WIN!
Paid PLR courses are usually a better investment, as they are more comprehensive and cover a wider range of topics.
Paid PLR Planners are also great for those who want to stay organized and on track.
High quality PLR journals come with well thought prompts, layout and design, and PLR workbooks can help you get the most out of your PLR content.
How to do you choose the best FREE PLR downloads for your business?
- Make sure it’s well-written and edited. Poorly written or unedited PLR is a huge turn-off for customers.
- The topic should be relevant to your niche. Don’t waste your time with PLR that’s not going to help you grow your business.
- Choose PLR from an established author or site. This way you know the quality will be good and the content will be helpful.
- Check the PLR provider’s refund policy. This will give you some peace of mind in case you’re not happy with the quality of the PLR. However, if the PLR creator does not give you a refund, they will most certainly work with you to offer a good solution since PLR products are instant downloads, it is not fair to ask for a refund for the product you either did not want, bought by mistake or just have a buyer’s remorse.
- Look for online reviews of the PLR content provider.
- Always ask for more samples, but be reasonable about your requests. Many good PLR providers are ready to give you a sample for an honest review. But they may limit the license for such a sample.
- Check the formats in which the PLR content is given. Is it a Canva Template, a PowerPoint template or any special template that requires you to have access to specialty software. If the FREE PLR downloads comes in a format you can not edit, it will be useless for you.
- Look for the sizes of the PLR product. E.g if you want to test the FREE PLR planner or FREE PLR Journal, check if the creator gives you the templates in different sizes such as A4, US letter, 6 X 9 inches etc. You can always resize the templates but it is an additional step and doing so many change certain design elements within the PLR templates.
Most of our PLR templates for Planner, Journals, Workbooks and Ebooks come in both A4 and US Letter sizes.
Thanks for reading! I hope this post has helped you to understand a little bit more about free PLR downloads. As always, I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below. Do you think free PLR is worth your time? Why or why not? I look forward to hearing from you soon! 🙂
Thanks for reading! until next time…happy PLRing! 🙂
Oh and before you go, here is another FREE PLR DOWNLOAD for you
Hi, I’m Dee. Making simple, intuitive product designs is my zen. Use my skills and readymade templates in your business so you can focus on what you do best. Get digital product templates with commercial rights (also known as Private Label Rights) to build your businesses faster with one product at a time. Want to get a FREE PLR sample? Get FREE PLR Printable Journal here-https://p4plr.com/free-plr-printable/